National Environmental Science Center
NatureBridge provides outdoor-science based environmental education in Yosemite National Park to thousands of students and teachers every year. The organization is building a new environmental education campus in the park, creating a living-teaching role model of sustainability where students not only hear about living “green” but experience it firsthand. The new campus, although in mountainous terrain, is arranged to facilitate universal access by utilizing a central core of accessible paths of travel. To minimize grading and ground disturbance, existing roads and abandoned railroad beds are used where possible.
- RHAA was a sub consultant to Siegel & Strain Architects
- Located in Yosemite National Park
- RHAA was tasked to analyze potential sites, provide site layout alternatives, prepare design and construction documents, and help implement the project during the construction phase.
- The center is projected to be net-zero energy
- The project is seeking a LEED Platinum rating